Thursday, January 15, 2009

winter song.

someone said recently that if we could just get through the winter, then we would be ok. we'd make it. 

i am ready to get through this winter. im ready to see it in my rare view mirror, quickly diminishing into the horizon. i am ready for spring. for new birth and new life and warmth and safety. i cant help but feel alone and isolated. i am learning more and more about this wilderness, and God's purpose in it. how he gets completely alone, slightly uncomfortable, and shapes our hearts in ways we cant even begin to understand. i feel as though i am on the outskirts of that hope. seeing God about to move. waiting (impatiently, mind you) anticipating something big and outrageous, or something small and perfectly fitting. if i can only make it through the winter, i think i'll be ok. 

you know me better than  i know myself. you know my heart, you understand it. let me be content in this season of coldness and solitude.

<3

No comments: